Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bad Uncle!

I'm a bad, bad, bad uncle! Abigail's birthday was yesterday! Did I REMEMBER to call her on her big day...NO! Called this morning and left a "belated birthday wishes" message on the machine, and said "call me back!", but haven't heard anything yet, and that was HOURS ago.

I'm just NOT good with birthdays! Forgot Duane's birthday until around LUNCHTIME last year! Mom and dad were up and we were all having brunch at Robin's house. Dad said something like "in a few days, when it's my birthday...", and I thought to myself..."wait a minute...Duane's birthday is a few days before dad's...CRAP...!".

So...we sang happy birthday to him on the spot, but, by then I was already WAY in the dog house. (If I HAD a dog house for every time I've BEEN in the dog house, I'd have enough houses to house every dog in the WORLD!).

Made up for Duane's birthday "faux pas" by sending a b-day card every month, six months PRIOR to his birthday this year, AND gave him a card and present EVERY DAY of the week of his birthday week. Hopefully that made up for it!

Oy!

No comments: