Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SNOW DAY??!!!!!

Wow!  For only the THIRD time in TEN YEARS of teaching, our district called off school today because of the blizzard that is blowing past the window as I type this!

I used to be so jealous of my "teacher friends" when I was working at the public library.  As each snow day was called, I thought..."great (not really)...good for them (sarcasm), but I still have to get to work".  They'd tell me about how they were going to spend their day "catching up" (on sleep, on laundry, on wrapping presents), and all I could think was "will I make it to work without sliding into a ditch?".

Well...PAYBACK BABY!!  I get to stay home today and catch up on sleep, and laundry and wrapping presents...whoo hoo!!!!!!

I truly AM sorry if YOU have to go to work today in bad weather and treacherous conditions.  Be safe, take your time, and watch out for the crazies!

No comments: