Sunday, July 29, 2018

Saturday, June 18th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Well, today was technically my day off, but I had to go to school for the 2nd day of festival.  I rode in with K's, for Joyful Noise practice at 10, but as usual people poo-pooed until 10:30, then we realized we sang at 11:00 (actually it turned out to be 11:30) and rushed through everything.

After the concert we listened to Crestos.  Sachiko gave her testimony.  She did a good job!  I met Mrs. I. (Nobu's wife. She's really nice!).  I also got to see M's son.  He's two, and adorable!!

Mr. M. & I practiced our duet (koto & shamisen).  It'll be...interesting!  Then, I had a 1-2 hour koto rehearsal for tomorrow.  (I'm so nervous!)

Machiko sensei had a Peter Rabbit exhibit set up, so now I'm very interested in Beatrix Potter and some books about her.  I also want to see a ballet made in the 70's about Peter Rabbit.  It was made in England, and looks very interesting.

I rode the train home for Kayo T's lesson at 6.  It went well, and she brought me dinner.  Curry croquettes, with hamburger in them & a tangy soy sauce.  Yum!  How thoughtful!  I must get the recipe!

No comments: