Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NOT Better News...

Well...as is often the case in these situtations (from what I hear, anyway...I've never BEEN in this situation before...), the good news of yesterday was but a BLIP in the big picture.

Robin called this morning to say that dad's heart rate was up during the night, and the doctors are now concerned about his heart, in addition to everything they were concerned about before yesterday's surgery.

Apparently, his lung has collapsed a bit more, the tube down his throat is STILL not allowing enough oxygen into his system, he's agitated, and it looks bad again.

One of the doctors, whether he's just SOCIALLY INEPT, or was trying to be funny, told Robin "well...he isn't going to die today or tomorrow" (to which I wondered "WHAT ABOUT SATURDAY??!!"), so my "cautious optimism" of yesterday is back to being "guardedly terrified".

Robin was at the END of her rope when she called, so I cleared my schedule, and am headed back to Des Moines tomorrow morning.

This SUCKS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: