Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Moving BITES!!

Hi All!

I haven't dropped off the face of the planet, or forgotten my blogger password...I've just been CRAZY busy with summer school AND the big move.

To say that I have WAY too much stuff would be a GROSS understatement. After THIRTEEN car loads of miscellaneous junk from my storage unit and apartment, EIGHT people lugging boxes of books and furniture and junk Friday evening, and me going over again and again the last few days to pack up the bathroom and kitchen stuff (and bringing another three or four carloads over), all of my stuff is FINALLY in one place. It's not organized, and I'm already TIRED of stepping over stuff, but at least it's all together now!

The new place is a SHAMBLES, since I've been trying to get the walls primed for painting at the old place (back to BORING old white), and spent most of today cleaning everything (it's practically "move in" clean over there!). It's BEGINNING to take shape over here, and now I can focus on getting the new place organized, as I OFFICIALLY turned in my keys, parking "car tags", and laundry card at Ballantrae this afternoon.

I wasn't NEARLY as sad to leave Ballantrae as I was when I left the apartment on Main Street in Fairfield...probably because the move from Fairfield was so traumatic. New job, new apartment, new life...the "adventure" was SO complete and scary. Here, I just left a NICE apartment in a somewhat "dumpy" complex for a WAY better place, closer to Duane.

I MUST pause for a moment and give a HUGE "shout out" to dad, Duane, David, Robin, Emilie, Abigail, Linda S., Linda D., Pat S., and Kelly for all of their help moving everything out of the old place Friday night, and moving everything into the new place. What a bunch of troupers...they REALLY "worked it", and "worked it" hard!!!!

Also a BIG thank you GOD for rain in the morning, but a sunny, dry afternoon!!!

Here are a couple of pictures of how things are shaping up. I'll post more after I get things "situated"...which could be awhile!!!







Hope all is well in YOUR part of the country/world!!!!!

No comments: