I made an AWESOME home made pizza tonight! It probably wasn't as "calorie friendly" as it could have been, but I used turkey pepperoni and low moisture/part-skim mozarella cheese, so it was better than it COULD have been.
The crust came from the Weight Watchers "Pizza, Pizza" cookbook, and you can top it with whatever suits your personal tastes, so it can be as "fatty" or as "diety" as you want it to be!
Home Made Pizza
1 ½ cups warm (105-115 degrees) water
1 tsp. sugar
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 T. olive oil
4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. salt
Pizza toppings of choice
• Combine the water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl; set aside until foamy (about 10 minutes). With a wooden spoon, stir in the oil, flour, and salt until the dough starts to gather around the spoon. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
• Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray; put the dough in the bowl. Cover the bowl lightly with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm spot (I put the bowl in the oven after turning it on “warm” for about 5 minutes, then turning it off a few minutes before putting the bowl in), until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
30 minutes before baking, heat pizza stone in oven at 450 degrees.
• Punch down the dough, then cut in half. Refrigerate or freeze in floured, zip-closed freezer bags at this point, or use as directed in recipe (thaw dough in refrigerator overnight or on counter for 1 ½ hours if using frozen).
• Let dough sit for 15 minutes.
TO MAKE PIZZA:
• Lightly flour cutting board or pizza peel. Stretch dough to 12-14 inches, and place on board/peel. Add toppings. When pizza stone has heated for 30 minutes, slide pizza onto stone.
• Bake for 13 minutes.
• Transfer from stone to cookie sheet, and slice.
Per serving (1/12 of dough ONLY): 174 calories, 2 g. fat, 1 g fiber (3 points). (ADD POINTS FOR TOPPINGS)
Butterfinger Frankenstein Cupcakes
3 hours ago