Saturday, April 25, 2009

Seussical: Weekend II

So...we're now into weekend TWO of "Seussical". All of our performances last weekend went well, and the audiences have seemed to really like the show. How could they NOT?! It's a hoot, and we've put A LOT of time and energy into performing!!

This week was GREAT, but a little odd...it's always bizarre how much time we spend rehearsing together, and then the show "goes up", and we only see each other on performance nights. It was GREAT to come home from school, and just...stay home, but it was a little "dicey" getting back into it for the show last night. I THINK I remembered about 94% of my blocking and choreography...hopefully tonight it'll be closer to 99%!!!

My knee is starting to mend, my cold is almost gone, and the allergies haven't seemed as severe this spring, so things are looking up! Now if I can just DROP 20 pounds, life will be GOOD!!!

Paul, one of the cadets, has a church confirmation retreat this weekend. We have a "swing" coming in to do his part, which is making some of us a little nervous. Our makeup call, however, is a little early tonight, so that we can be on stage by 6:30 to run a few of the numbers with him. I'm SURE it'll be just "peachy keen" (the expression, of which, I had to EXPLAIN the meaning to all of the high school kids in the show, since they had NO CLUE what it meant, but, am now HAPPY to report MOST of them are using...!!!).

Five performances to go...


Whoville

I've been dubbed the "Charles Nelson Reilly Who"...all I need is a pipe and big glasses...

me and Susie in our "jungle of Nool" attire

Hope YOUR week has involved a little drama too (in a good way, of course)!!

No comments: