Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Friend Linda!


I have been blessed by having many AMAZING, and WONDERFUL women in my life...women who have had a HUGE impact on my life, and who I would be SO MUCH poorer for not knowing!!!!!!

This post, however, is for my friend Linda (who tunes in every Monday to see what's new, and so now I'm feeling pressure to get something on here!)...a delightful, lovely, wonderful friend who I met during my time at Harry & David. Our manager was a total BITCH, but I have to give her credit (with Linda's encouragement, I'm sure!) for hiring me, because if she hadn't, my delightful friend and I would not have met.

What can I say about this truly amazing woman? She's intelligent...she's sincere...she's delightful...she's witty...and she has one of the kindest spirits I've ever known. We can go WEEKS AND MONTHS without talking, but can pick things up where we left off with NO effort at all. We have the same taste in movies, and politics, and food (mostly!), and can talk for HOURS on practically ANY subject. She takes a sincere interest in Duane's and my life, and genuinely cares!

Linda will be bringing a new life into the world in October, and the other night we were talking about "honorable men", and how she wants these types of men in Lorenzo's world. She said that Duane and I were two of the four men that she wanted as role models for him, and I almost burst into tears (we'd just been to a funeral for a co-worker at the store...so it wouldn't have taken much...I was already weepy anyway...!). What a wonderful thing to say, and we're SO excited to be a part of it all!

Lorenzo is going to have an AMAZING life! Linda will be an UNBELIEVABLY fabulous mom, and her family and friends will SMOTHER that little boy with an INCREDIBLY large amount of love and support and joy!

You are TRULY a delighful person, dear girl, and I'm so glad that you are a part of my life!!!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

Dearest Jeff- the danger, of course, of naming all your women friends is leaving someone out....
:-{

Jeff S. said...

More a case of trying to zip off a blog entry while trying to get out of town, dear girl!

My SINCERE apologies for omitting your name (along with several others, who I thought of while on the plane, and who I can't BELIEVE I left off the list in the first place...!). I have omitted ALL names, because it would be impossible to mention everyone.

Come to the cities for another visit, and I will make it up to you...PROMISE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You meant to say "Lynn's friend Linda!" I saw her first.