Sunday, November 21, 2010

Two Shows and "Dubodia"

I've been COMPLETELY remiss in my blogging responsibilities of late, but with good reason (I think).  I'm currently rehearsing TWO musicals, and FINALLY getting over a bad cold/pneumonia (or in the nose-plugged state in which I've dwelt for the last month..."dubodia"), while continuing to work full time at the three jobs that were crammed into my one job last year...!

The first show I'm doing is "Amahl and the Night Visitors" with Woodbury Community Theater, in which I play deaf King Kaspar.  "This is my Box" is my big number...don't ask...actually here's a version from youtube:



The second show I'm doing is "Bye Bye Birdie" with Ashland Productions, in which I play Albert Peterson.  Albert's big number is "Put on a Happy Face".  Here's the Jason Alexander version from the remake of the movie:



I've never done two shows at once, and it's COMPLETELY stressing me out, since I don't like conflicts in my schedule, and my TYPE A organizational framework of life is completely "out of whack" right now.  I am not sure how it's going to work (I've been busy with "Amahl" up until now, and JUST got the part in "Birdie" last week).  I guess I will find out soon, since both will be in rehearsals starting tomorrow.  I'm thinking I'm going to be putting a lot of miles on my car!

On top of all of this, I've had a bad cold for about five weeks now, and went to the doctor a few weeks back.  He diagnosed pneumonia, so I went through a round of antibiotics (let's hear it for the z-pack!), but didn't improve enough to be satisfied, so went back and had to see another doctor (don't you HATE that??!!), who thought it was allergies...ummm...yeah...okay...so he prescribed cough syrup with codeine and a nasal spray.  Bottom line, I'm still coughing, my voice is still scratchy, and I haven't completely recovered yet.  I decided yesterday, however, that I'm DONE with this, and will get better now!!!

Here's hoping YOU are doing something that you enjoy, but that you aren't doing it QUITE as "over-extended-ly" as I am (and that you are not sick while doing it)!!!

No comments: