Friday, October 14, 2011

Aunt Dixie's Visit!!!

I've been SOOOO busy with work and the show that I haven't had a chance to post for awhile, so I'll try to chronicle SEVERAL events over the next couple of days, because it's FINALLY the weekend...!!!!!

My dad’s sister Dixie paid her first visit to the Twin Cities a couple of weekends ago! It was SOOOOO cool to have her here!  For as long as I can remember, Aunt Dixie has been one of my FAVORITE people.  My first sentence, in fact, (according to my mother) was "Dikie go to school".  Her brothers used to tease her mercilessly, and when I was little, it would make me cry.

She's spunky...and fun...and sarcastic...and nice...and sarcastic...and did I mention sarcastic??!!  AWESOME!!!

Anyway...she drove up to mom and dad’s from her home in Oklahoma, and the three of them continued the trek north the next day. They arrived on Friday afternoon. I had rehearsal Friday night, so didn’t get to hook up with everyone until Saturday morning. OF COURSE our first stop was the Minneapolis Farmer’s Market! We hit all of our favorite spots, and, as always, it’s fun to watch someone who’s new to it all, experience it for the first time.





We spent a couple of hours there, then went back to Robin and Dave’s for awhile before heading to a GREAT restaurant on Nicollett, Sun Street Breads. Duane and I split an AWESOME meatloaf sandwich.

After lunch we went back to Robin and Dave’s for a couple of hours, then I headed home to start on dinner, since everyone was coming over. This must have been my biggest “dinner party” to date…I had to set up an extra table in the living room. I ended up cooking for the rest of the day, since I made Greek lasagna, and a tiramisu cake…which took A LOT of work!

It was a GREAT evening, and it was fun to have so many people crammed into my tiny townhome!

Sunday, we went antiquing in the afternoon, and had a great dinner Sunday night.  Duane had taken the Riviera out of storage, and we took her for a ride to Minehaha Falls before we ate.  Apparently, one of her memorable dates (??!!) was with a guy in a Riviera, so she thought the ride was AWESOME!!!!


A FUN, FUN weekend! Can’t wait for her to come back again!!!!!!  Perhaps this could be a YEARLY event!!!!

Here’s hoping YOU caught up with family recently too!!

2 comments:

T. Edlin said...

I think I would like your Aunt Dixie... she sounds FUN!

Jeff S. said...

She IS!!!!!!!