Saturday, March 24, 2012

I LOVE Spring!!!!

Except for not being able to breathe and wanting to scratch my eyes out, I LOVE spring!  I took a wonderful walk this morning, and, even though it's MARCH, the crocus are blooming, the trees are budding, the grass is turning green, and nature is again waking up!

I've not been a fan of winter for awhile now (I know...and you moved to MINNESOTA??!!), and, even though this last winter wasn't particularly bad (compared, especially, to last year), I've SOOOOO been longing for spring.  It's here, and I'm REALLY hoping it's here to STAY!

On my walk, I saw a white heron sitting on a branch...soooo cool!  I'm especially fond of this particular bird since my two years of living in Himeji, Japan.  The castle in Himeji is nicknamed "the White Heron", and the white heron brings back so many AMAZING memories of my time there!

"The White Heron Castle"- Himeji-Jo!

Here's hoping YOU are enjoying the end of winter, and that happy memories are filling your thoughts as well!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photo of the Great Egret that you posted on 24 March 2012 was not your work. You pirated this from my pbase account. You have been caught. I have the original of this on my computer and there is no question it is the same picture. The out of place tail feathers are exactly the same. Of course I expect you will edit this out.

Jeff S. said...

My apologies! I thought I got it from the "public domain" stuff on the internet. It's been removed.

Anonymous said...

Apology accepted. Your remark that you saw this bird on your walk suggested that you took the picture. Why would you use a photo from 'the public domain' and suggest in your comments that you took the picture - even though you didn't actually say that?

Jeff S. said...

Didn't have my camera with me, so wanted to find a picture to post in case readers didn't know what an egret looked like. Great photo...sorry again!