Thursday, September 6, 2012

I've Become...THAT GUY...

You know...the one you MOCK because he...

- PARKS in the "end spot" FAAAAAR away from any other vehicle in the parking lot (even though INVARIABLY upon returning to the car someone has parked RIGHT NEXT to him)...

- WIPES DOWN his car with a soft, wet cloth on an almost DAILY basis to get rid of bird poop (because they DO target new cars!), or any other dirt, grime, or smudge...

- GOES TO THE CAR WASH every day...because the car looks better when it's clean...

- AVOIDS busy roads, or areas that are "questionable" because he doesn't want to put his car in "harm's way"...

- INHALES deeply when getting in the car...because that new car smell IS amazing...


Yep...I got a new car.  I've never owned a new car before (I didn't even know the odometer WENT below 3,000 miles!!!).  I LOVED my old car, and I'm a LITTLE sad that I've parted with it (not to mention the ANGST of having car payments again), but...when you have to worry about getting from "point A" to "point B" without having it DIE in traffic, and, when you start the car and it sounds like it's going to BLOW UP...it's time to move on...


I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about sending a sympathy card to my auto mechanic...he may have to LAY OFF an employee or two, because I WON'T be supporting his staff for awhile now...

Here's hoping YOU bought "something pretty" recently too!!!!

No comments: