Wednesday, January 9, 2013

BEFORE...

Okay...this is it...my LAST NIGHT of enjoying food, and calories, and fat, and stuff that's good.  NOT REALLY...but I AM starting "The Biggest Loser" at school tomorrow.  It's a yearly contest, that I've, thus far, managed NOT to participate in, but, as I get older and it gets harder and harder to get motivated to lose weight, and as my metabolism slows down to a WHEEZING CRAWL, I'm hoping CASH will motivate me to take it off.

TWENTY EIGHT of us are going to participate in weekly "weigh-ins".  Each "weigh in" costs a buck, and each week, the person who loses the most weight gets that week's earnings.  If you gain, you have to pay a buck for each pound, and whoever wins at the end of the nine weeks, gets that money.

Several staff members are going to lead aerobics and yoga sessions, and I MIGHT even get out and start walking again...provided the roads aren't snowy...or icy...or it's cold...or the day of the week has a "y" in it...............who am I kidding?!  I'm DOOMED!!!!  I might as well go to the bank now and get a bunch of singles to start paying the "weight gain" fees...

KIDDING...I'm motivated...I'm tired of not being able to button my pants, and I'm tired of looking like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man. 


I'm also tired of being tired, and of huffing and puffing just going up a flight of stairs.  My back hurts, I grunt every time I get up from a chair, and sitting on the floor has become a practice of futility...

So...here's my OFFICIAL "before" photo.  Not the worst I could use for this, but bad enough that I cringe when I look at how puffy my face is.  We won't even go into the details of how I can barely ZIP this coat because there's already too much stuffing in the mid-section...


Nine weeks...Weight Watchers online to chart food and activity points...increased levels of exercise...and a New Year's resolution to lose weight.  Hopefully all of THIS will be the motivation I need to fit into this HOT leather jacket...which I bought the other day on eBay...


As for now...I have exactly 12 hours until the first "weigh in".  I think I'll go eat a cake....and a pound of bacon...and a pie..and cookies...and maybe a lasagna...!

Here's hoping YOU are working on your New Year's resolutions too!

1 comment:

*Mandie* said...

Ooh! I LOVE that jacket, Jeff! Good luck during BL; I know you'll do great. :-)