Saturday, November 16, 2013

Rest in Peace, dear sweet Edna!!!

So I made the trip down to Fairfield again this week for ANOTHER funeral.  There have been too many the last few months, and this time, it was for my "adopted grandma", Edna Perry.


Edna was 93, and had been in a care facility for the last ten years.  She wasn't happy there, and was ready to be done with this life.  I watched her health, and mental faculties deteriorate over time, and, as is the usual regret, hadn't been back to see her for MUCH too long.

She lived a good life, and I have MANY happy memories of this kind, loving, FUN, FUN woman...baking fortune cookies when she came to stay with us when we were kids...her "sweet talking" a police officer when I got pulled over for speeding by asking in her kindest, most grandmotherly voice "Is there a problem officer?" (and getting me off with a warning)...church potluck dinners...plays...walks...talks...she was a delight.

The world is a little emptier without you, dear friend, but I know you are in a better place, and that makes your passing a TINY bit easier.  Rest in peace, Edna, and I LOVE you very much!!!

Here's hoping YOU reconnected with happy memories recently too (but not the way I did!)!!

No comments: