Monday, January 20, 2014

The Diet Continues!!

I'm about four weeks into the diet, and I'M HUNGRY!!!  Not really...I've found some really good recipes, with very minimal Weight Watchers points.  I DO miss pepperoni and green olive pizza, and cupcakes, and "spoons full" of peanut butter, but, it's all good.

There are good days, and CRAPPY days, but, overall, I'm happy with my progress.  TEN pounds down...SIX to go to get to goal.

Here's where I started...

 

Here's where I am...

 
Here's where I want to be...
 

I'm getting there!!!!!

To that end...here are some recent recipes that I've been cooking to help achieve my goal...

Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bake 
1c. UNCOOKED quinoa
tsp. cinnamon
½tsp. nutmeg
tsp. ground cloves
2apples, peeled and diced
¼c. raisins, soaked for a few minutes in warm water to "plump"
2eggs
2c. skim milk
¼c. maple syrup
c. sliced almonds
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Pour quinoa into baking dish. Sprinkle apples and raisins on top.

Whisk the eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.

Pour over the top of the fruit in dish. Sprinkle almonds on top.

Bake for 1 hour until casserole is set. Allow to cool and refrigerate leftovers.
4 servings = 9 pts. 6 servings = 6 pts.


Pizza Pasta Bake
1lb. ground lean turkey sausage
1medium onion, chopped
1clove garlic, minced
1carrot, minced
1tsp. Italian seasoning
2tsp. olive oil
1(26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
8oz. whole wheat rotini pasta, cooked and drained
2c. shredded reduced fat, part skim mozzarella cheese
32slices turkey pepperoni

 

No comments: