Friday, July 25, 2014

Almond Joy Cookies

I LOVE Almond Joy candy bars...the chocolate...the coconut...the almonds...!!  I recently found a cookie version of this candy bar on Pinterest.  It's REALLY REALLY REALLY good!!!!

You can find the recipe HERE.

I DID make a few changes to the recipe:

1.  I added ONE HALF CUP of slivered almonds, roughly chopped

2.  I used ONE CUP of Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chunks, instead of ONE HALF cup semisweet chocolate chips

A suggestion...the dough was REALLY stiff after being in the refrigerator for 12 hours...scoop the dough, as soon as it's mixed, into another bowl, and THEN chill the "dough balls".   When you are ready to bake them, they can be separated, and placed on the baking sheet.


Here's hoping YOU like a good "candy bar cookie" too!!!

No comments: