Wednesday, August 6, 2014

And...Another Show Closes...

Wow!  Where has the summer gone?  I started rehearsals for "Bye Bye Birdie!" in June, during the last week of school, and, ALL OF A SUDDEN...it's August!!!!



What a FUN show!  Great people to work with, GREAT audiences, great directorial and backstage crew, and, even though only ONE of my former South St. Paul "peeps" bothered to come (out of sight, out of mind really IS true!), and NONE of my new Hopkins media "peeps" made the trek, it was a GREAT experience!

I DO thank the ONE SSP person that came, and the ELEVEN who made the trek from Hopkins to see the show (and who are now my FAVORITE people at my school), and Chad, and my friend Mark, who was back for ten days from Japan, and who I haven't seen for 25 years, who came with his wife and two kids...and OF COURSE my sister and her family, and my cousin Kim and her daughter Ashley, and Duane, and everyone else who DID come...I REALLY appreciated their support!




It's always interesting to go through PPD (post production depression)...on the one hand, I'm REALLY glad that it's all over...I can catch up on all the stuff I "let go" during rehearsals, and can TRY to let my voice recover a bit, but I DO miss everyone, and it's sad to think that we will never ALL be together again.  Some of us might do future shows together in some iteration or another, but we will never ALL be on stage again at the same time.

A "thank you" gift from our choreographers, who KICKED MY BUTT with 
their choreography!  The paddle is a joke...since I had SUCH A DIFFICULT TIME 
getting the paddle turn correct!!!!

I LOVE theater, and I LOVE the opportunities I've had to perform in the twin cities!!!!  Sooo looking forward to working with Woodbury Community Theatre again!!!!

Here's hoping YOU were able to participate in something recently that YOU love too!!!

No comments: