Sunday, May 31, 2015

Spring in the Courtyard!

I'm very fortunate to have an office with windows that look out onto a courtyard at my school.  In my previous job, I had THREE offices...one which was "triangular" in shape (and about the size of a Volkswagen Beetle)...one that was actually a closet for the "tower" that held a bunch of dead VCR's and video equipment (roughly the size of HALF a Volkswagen Beetle, and in which I only had room to stand and work on the top of a bookcase), and one that was tucked WAAAAAY back in the media center, behind the "dead zone" of defunct and outdated technology, and which NO ONE could actually find.

None of these spaces had windows, since they were located in basements, or next to support pillars, or in the middle of buildings which had been added onto, and buried.

So...to say that I am THRILLED to look out on grapevines, and flowers, and birds building nests is an understatement!  Here's what I got to enjoy this spring...







 

 




Because I have this GREAT green space...just outside my window, I decided to join the "courtyard gardening committee".  My friends Betty and Sue (a teacher at my school, and a retired teacher at my school) are the other members of the committee, and we work to keep things looking good, and make sure everything is in working order/watered/weeded/cleaned up.

It's a lot of work, but TOTALLY worth the effort, because, I believe, we truly have the most beautiful courtyard in the district!

Here's a photo of Betty and me getting ready to "muck out" the pond...good times...!!!!


And....here's the pond!


I LOVE looking out on this little slice of nature in the middle of Hopkins, and am HAPPY to help keep it looking good!!!

Here's hoping YOU have a "little slice of nature" near you that makes you happy too!!!

No comments: