Friday, October 12, 2018

Thursday, August 4th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Tuesday, August 2nd Brenda called and I met caravan at the dorm after Misuzu's English lesson.  We all went to Miyuki Dori for the last of our shopping sprees together (for them to buy any last minute things).  We split up, and Kim and I went to a coffee shop.  We all met at 3:00 and went to Pizzeria Miyuki for dinner.  Caravan presented me with the tea kettle I showed them on a previous trip and said that I was going to buy after Hong Kong.  How sweet!

After shopping we went back to the dorm, after a strange ride with an even stranger old man bothering us.  The farewell party was fun.  Misuzu sprayed my hair black to see what I'd look like Japanese...strange!  I had to ride the train home like that, too.






Wednesday was very sad.  F., Y., M., Barrett, and I took caravan to Osaka airport.  We parted at 1:15 and I'll never see some of them again.  I feel so utterly deserted!


Kim & I rode back with M. and Y., stopped at Kobe-Nishi Church, where Kim is living for a month, then came back to Himeji.

Kim picked up her 16 rolls of film that were developed, at a whopping 27,000 yen.  We ate at Conservo, then went to my apartment to watch movies & be together.  She stayed at K's & today I saw her off to Osaka.  I don't know why I let myself get so close!  I needed their friendship.  God sent them to me, and now I miss them terribly!  Terribly!  Terribly!!!

No comments: