Friday, May 30, 2008

Oy!

I'm experiencing cookbook OVERLOAD!

A co-workers mother died recently, and she was worried that her mother's cookbooks wouldn't have a home (not being a "cook" herself). I said that I'd be HAPPY to take them...little did I realize she had 200 COOKBOOKS IN HER COLLECTION!!!!

They've been riding around in my trunk for a week...I vowed that I'd bring a stack up each day when I got home from work...especially since they weigh SO MUCH, and the price of gas just keeps going UP and UP!!!

I think I have MOST of them upstairs now, and, after an "airing out" (she smoked), I'll start weeding through them to see what I can find.

I've noticed a couple of duplicates (I guess if you have TWO HUNDRED COOKBOOKS, you're BOUND to have a duplicate or two!), and some "fish dish" cookbooks, so I SHOULD be able to go through them fairly quickly, and make a nice donation to Goodwill (the co-worker said that I could).

I'm excited, though...there are some AWESOME Better Homes and Gardens cookbooks from the 60's and 70's that'll be a HOOT to go through, as well as some fun regional and "church social" cookbooks to look through.

I'm SURE I'll find some AWESOME recipes, as I sift through them...now if I could JUST bring up that last box of cookbooks...alas...it's too heavy, and I'm TOO TIRED (with just a week of school to go) to lug it up the stairs!!!

If I find any AMAZING recipes, I'll post them here for YOU to try!!!

No comments: