Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm MOVING!

Ack! I HATE moving, but an opportunity has presented itself that is TOO GOOD to pass up (relax...I'm not moving back to Japan, or to Nova Scotia...just across Eagan). The townhouse across the hall from Duane is being "rented out", so I decided I'd had enough of noisy, inconsiderate neighbors (who SMOKE!), and loud children outside my balcony, and people who DON'T know how to use a washer and dryer in a building where NINE other apartments have to use the same ONE washer and dryer, so decided it's time to move on.

This is also a GREAT "step" in the process of Duane and I figuring out if we can stand to live together. or not. without KILLING each other. He's messy...I'm neat...he likes the temperature of the house to be STIFLINGLY hot, I like to keep things cool...he wants to keep his collection of metal lunchboxes as a decorating motif in the kitchen...I don't. SO...now we can live across the hall from each other, keep the doors unlocked, and tell everyone that we own a three bedroom, three bath, two kitchen, two living room, two dining room in the 'burbs!

It's really cool (see pictures below)...vaulted ceilings, a fireplace, hardwood floors in the living room, a MUCH bigger deck (with a huge crabapple tree just beyond the rail, and woods behind that), a WASHER AND DRYER in the unit, secure entrance, garage with an automatic garage door opener (no more getting out of the car in the dead of winter to open my garage door anymore...whoo hoo!).

It's a "little" more expensive than my current place, but only by about $40.00! The fireplace and bigger kitchen ALONE are worth that! I'm renting from a nice couple who just got married and are living in HIS home in Apple Valley. Now I just have to pass the "credit check", and the recommendation from my current landlord, and we're good to go!

So...I'm here for another six weeks, and then I'm headed to the "other side of town"! I LOVE having company/overnight guests, so feel free to come up and visit after August 1st (or better yet...come for a visit the last weekend in July...you can help me move!).

The front door (to the left), and the hallway to the bedroom (kitchen to the right).

The fireplace in the living room (kitchen "pass through" on right).

My fireplace.

The dining room (as seen from the living room).

The kitchen.

The pass through in the kitchen (looking toward the deck).

My new refrigerator!

The bedroom window.

The other end of the bedroom.

A corner of my deck.



No comments: