Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Goal Number TWO

This week, I'm attempting to "get organized" for the move. I've been dragging boxes out of my storage unit in an effort to "go through stuff" and get rid of/organize it all. Here's the evidence...photos of my once clean and organized apartment:




I spent MOST of yesterday going through BOXES of miscellaneous paper that I've collected over the years...magazine articles, photos, cards that were sent to me, travel brochures, "paperabilia" that I just couldn't get rid of. After going through THREE big boxes of papers, I decided (while looking through the LAST box) that I should organize it all by what it is (it's the librarian in me coming out...I'm lucky the "I should put a Dewey Decimal number on all of this, so that I can access it by what it is" part of my personality didn't kick in!).

So...today, while running a THOUSAND errands (like buying primer to paint over my LOVELY blue walls, and buying a black shower curtain for the new bathroom, and a little table to put between the chairs on the deck, etc.), I bought a "hanging file" system. I sorted everything into piles yesterday, and spent the last few hours today labeling folders, and stuffing things into them.

LAME, I know, but, THAT'S why I'm a librarian...I like to sort and classify things. SAD, but I feel really GOOD that I got it all arranged for easier future access (except for the fact that I'll now be shoving those file boxes into the back of the garage over there...not to be glanced at again for a couple of years. If anything, it'll make "going through it all" again someday (to get rid of more stuff) easier, right?!).

Hope YOU are accomplishing some of YOUR goals this summer!

No comments: