Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spell with Flickr

I saw a cool "artsy" photo montage in a gallery a year or so ago, and thought "wow...this is cool!". It was a word, spelled out with photos of different letters...some were taken from signs, some were Scrabble pieces, some were magnetic letters.

I've tried to take photos of signs and letters to make my own, but, at the TIES Technology Conference (and awards ceremony, in which I was one of about 50 educators from around the state honored as "exceptional teachers of the year"...but that's a different story) went to a presentation on blogs, and discovered Spell with Flickr: http://metaatem.net/words/.

You can go to this link, type in what you want spelled out, and it'll bring it up with various "Flickr Photos". You can click on the individual letters to change them, and create ALL SORTS of cool things.

I haven't figured out ALL of the "ins and outs" yet, and the best I've been able to come up with is copying and pasting it all into a Word document and rearranging them to read from left to right (they cut and paste vertically).

Not really sure of how I can use this yet, but I'm sure there are ALL SORTS OF POSSIBILITIES!!!!

J - järnväg = railway E Lower-Case Letter F (Washington, DC) f

No comments: