Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pat's Place

My friend Pat just bought a CUTE little house in West St. Paul.  I've been over a couple of times to help move, clean, pull up carpet, pull staples from the hardwood floor, unpack, and today, redecorate...actually provide labor so that Pat can redecorate.  Oy!

She's got a GREAT start on getting the place "fixed up"...painting, redoing the hardwood floors, washing windows, switching out hardware on the cupboards, etc., but still has a LONG way to go.  It's fun to see the progress each time I go over.

Washing the windows

Steaming off the wallpaper

Scraping off the wallpaper and glue

Chalking the line for the brown stripe in the living room

A word of advice.  If you are considering hanging wallpaper...DON'T!!!!!  It's a COMPLETE PAIN in the butt to get OFF the walls if you just want to paint the room.  Duane and I spent a couple of HOURS today scoring, steaming, scraping and wiping a HIDEOUS blue striped paper in the kitchen, and a WRETCHED fruit border around the top of the dining room.

Again...DON'T put up wallpaper...ever...for any reason...UGH!

The kitchen "before" ("after" will come when it's finished!)

The HIDEOUS dining room border, in the process of being removed

a GREAT start on the living room!

I can't WAIT to see what she has for me to do NEXT time I stop by!!!
 
Here's hoping YOUR day was productive as well!

No comments: