Monday, October 4, 2010

Kate's Surprise "Awesome 80's" Birthday Party!

Saturday night, Pat threw a surprise AWESOME 80's birthday party for her/our friend Kate!  It was a hoot!  There were LOTS of Flashdance sweatshirts, crimped hair, and tight-rolled jeans.  BITCHIN!

I can't believe how DIFFICULT it was to come up with an "outfit".  My parachute pants, jean jacket, Izod polo shirts and high top sneakers (open, laces dangling) have LONG since "passed on".  I ended up doing the "Miami Vice" t-shirt with jacket (rolled up sleeves, of course), with hair parted in the middle and feathered back (senior pictures all over again...only "senior" has a TOTALLY different meaning now!)...

The only BAD part of the evening...a HIGH percentage of the partygoes were, like, in elementary school in the 80's...oy!

Here are some photos of the festivities:

Roger, Josh, Joel, and me

Flashdance Jill and me

 Joel working that denim jacket!

Me and Madonna/Kimmy

Jill and Joan Jett/Kristin!!

Joan and me!

 Joan and Madonna

Joan, me, and Madonna

80's girls (okay..."Madonna" was only NINE when the 80's ended...)!

Kate (the birthday girl) and Roger

Pat and me

Roger's "Guess" jeans

Kate getting crimped

 Pat and Joel

Josh and Kate

Pat and Kate

Dancing to the 80's!

Kate, Jill, and Pat

Duane (in his Cosby sweater) and me doing the "Pepsi Challenge"

Duane and Joan

Joan and me at the bonfire

 Pat, Duane, and Joel

 Duane and Pat

 the bonfire

Kate and Madonna

Katie and me (inside...where it was warm!)

Here's hoping YOU were able to experience a little nostalgia recently...the 80's ROCKED!!!!!

No comments: