Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Paulette and Russell's Reception

Saturday evening, I headed to St. Paul to attend the reception of Paulette and Russell.  Paulette teaches at the school at which I work, and is a delightful girl.  I don't know Russell very well, but he seems to be equally wonderful.

The reception was on the 8th floor atrium of the Galtier Plaza, downtown.  The atrium was GORGEOUS!  Glass ceilings, a middle section that was open all the way to the ground floor, an outdoor roof patio/garden...amazing!

Each table was set with a board game, and there were signs to tell you which "game" you were to play.  There was also a "horseshoe" game on the patio, and air hockey and foosball on the floor above.  Very cool!

We had a sit-down dinner of pasta, salad, and bread (I didn't get any cake, now that I think about it!), and then the rest of the evening was spent dancing!  Wow!  I haven't danced like that for AGES (and TOTALLY paid for it the next day when I couldn't WALK without groaning...my calves STILL hurt when I climb stairs!).

Here are some photos of friends from work at the festivities...

Kristin and me getting ready to go!

Barb, Erin, and Jeane

Me with Pat and Joel

Kimmy and me

Pat and Joel

Um....

Me and Pat

Paulette and me

Paulette and Pat

Janet and me

Kimmy and Kristin

Jodi and me

Kristin, Jodi, Rachel, Ginny, Kim, and Janet

Kate and Pat

Greg and Janet

Erin and me

Erin and Kristin

Kimmy

Kristin blowing bubbles

Kimmy blowing bubbles

Brittan and Katie

Pat and me

Here's hoping YOU had a chance to "dance your legs off" recently too!

No comments: