Monday, February 7, 2011

BYE BYE BIRDIE! Weekend TWO

I survived weekend number TWO of the show!  It was DELIGHTFUL to have four nights off last week to relax!  I think the only thing I managed to do each evening was lie on the sofa, read a magazine or two, and drink a glass of wine! 

The DOWN SIDE to having nights off, however, is that coming back to do Friday night's show was a little "tense".  I don't think I was completely ON that night, but I DID manage to run lines with Duane three of the four evenings that week (okay...I guess I did a LITTLE more than just lie on the sofa!), so it wasn't COMPLETELY a "cold run" on Friday.

I had a TON of family and friends come to the show this weekend....POW and Joel, Kate, Roger, and Josh, Pat B., Nan, John, and Doug were there from Kaposia on Friday night, as was Jerry from the Woodbury theater.  My friend Amy flew in Friday evening for the weekend to see the show.  I don't think she's missed one of my shows yet...she ROCKS!!! 

We were able to have lunch at Christos in the depot in downtown St. Paul on Saturday:





Saturday night, I had about 25 people in the house...Amy, Robin, Dave, Emilie, and Abigail...the crew from Lincoln Center (Connie, Nancy, Jen, Karla, Lynn and her husband)...Sarah and Amanda from Science House...my former Kaposia peeps, Jill, Tim, Julie, Erika, and Bob, Marcie and John from the Woodbury theater, and (I'm sure) a bunch of others that I'm not remembering right now!  We were "sold out" both nights, which is ALWAYS cool!

Sunday's matinee was a smaller crowd, due to it being SUPERBOWL SUNDAY (whatever that is...!!).  Nancy S. and Chris Z. were there from school, as was Duane (his THIRD TIME seeing the show), and my "number one fan" Korey from Robin and Dave's church (She's a HOOT!  She always positions herself in the row in front of me at the Christmas eve service, so that she can listen to me sing)!  Katy and Randy were there as well.  THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING TO THE SHOW!!!!!

Korey

Katy and Randy

Tori

Duane

I can't believe there's only one weekend left!  I've been rehearsing and performing since early October (first "Amahl", and then "Birdie"), and I'm not sure WHAT I'm going to do when next Monday rolls around and I'm not doing ANY shows.  I think Duane might want to take a trip for a few days, because I'm going to be REALLY MOPEY!!!!!

This has been one of the most amazing shows I've ever been a part of.  The cast and crew are UNBELIEVABLY talented, and I'm honored to have been a part of it all!  If you are anywhere NEAR Maplewood, Minnesota next weekend.  Get tickets for the show:  http://www.ashlandproductions.com/!!!

Here are some "back stage" photos from Sunday:



Me and Mrs. MacAfee

Gloria Rasputin before getting all "dolled up"!

Kim MacAfee and Albert

The scene shop!

Here's hoping YOU were able to support community theater where YOU live this week!!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

The show was AMAZING!!! So glad I got to see it. The casting was wonderful, especially with the ages of the majority of the cast! The choreography....also out of this world.

Wish I could have gotten away to see it more than once!