Thursday, July 28, 2011

Weight Loss

I NEVER thought losing weight would be an issue for me...I was COMPLETELY scrawny through high school and college, and remember actually WANTING to gain weight. SOOOOOOOO not my reality any more. Food is TOO MUCH of a temptation, and there's SOOOO much good food out there to enjoy!!!!

Anyhoo...I signed up for Weight Watchers For Men online a month ago, and I HAVE to say that it's AMAZING. I've been "working on it" for four weeks, and have lost TEN POUNDS!!!! It hasn't been easy, and it hasn't been particularly fun, but it HAS worked! The whole premise behind Weight Watchers is that you CAN eat what you want...you just have to focus on portion size, and throw in a bunch of fruits and vegetables to keep you full.

The online version is AWESOME, because you don't have to attend any meetings, and you can track what you eat and how much you exercise from the privacy of your own home. I SERIOUSLY don't know how people do "weigh ins" at meetings. I remove EVERYTHING I'M WEARING before I step on the scale. I'm pretty sure that's a "no-no" at a meeting site!

I always thought the notion of "journaling what you eat" was STUPID. How could that POSSIBLY help you lose weight, I wondered. Well...IT WORKS! I'm TOTALLY aware of how many points I have to use each day, and TOTALLY work to stay within that boundary (side note...you get FEWER points as you get nearer your goal...WTH??!!!).

So...four weeks in...a week and a half until the cruise...six pounds to go. I'm FAIRLY CERTAIN I can reach my goal (but had to LAUGH when I entered my weight loss for the week...the message that popped up said congratulations on my progress, but that I was losing weight TOO fast!).

Here are my "before" and "now" shots ("after" comes when I reach my goal!):

BEFORE

NOW
Here's hoping YOU are "winning the war" with one of YOUR personal battles too! 

3 comments:

*Mandie* said...

Jeff, you look fabulous! Congrats on the weight loss! Here's to your continued success, my friend! :-)

Jeff S. said...

LOVE you, Mandie!!!!!

Whose Kuliana Is This? said...

Hi Jeff! This is Kimberly commenting from my skimpy blog! You look great and I wish you a great time on your cruise. (Where are you going? Just you and Duane?)

I don't know if this is your first cruise or not, but if so, be prepared for food 24/7. When Bobby and I cruised to Alaska I had indigestion after two days. So. . . have fun! Looking forward to posts.