Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Connie and Sol's Wedding

Sunday night my friend Connie married her fiancee Sol in a GORGEOUS restored Victorian house on the bluffs overlooking downtown St. Paul.  Let me START by saying that Sunday night is an AWFUL, CRUEL time to get married (since WORK looms large and ugly for MOST of us the next morning), and let me continue by saying that this was the SHORTEST ceremony I have ever attended.  In total, with vows, and the exchange of rings, it lasted A TOTAL of NINETY SEVEN SECONDS!!!  Seriously.

LUCKILY, the rest of the evening was spent at a LAVISH dinner, prepared by the bride and groom, in the tent-draped attic of the house...TOTALLY cool!

Here are some photos of the adventure...

ready for the big event!!!

 
 
my buddy Lynn and me!!!
 
Lynn and her husband Rick
 
 
the ninety seven second ceremony (yes...he's wearing a kilt)!
 
the happy couple at the dinner in the attic!
 
me and Laura (one of my reading intervention counterparts at Lincoln Center) at dinner
 
Lynn and her VEGETARIAN lasagna!!
 
the chandelier in the attic!
 
one of the many GORGEOUS fireplaces in the house!
 
the cake
 
Connie and Sol cutting the cake
 
pouring the champage
 
me and the LOVELY bride!!!
 
Here's hoping YOU were able to help dear friends celebrate something lovely too!!!


No comments: