Monday, December 15, 2014

F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F...ifty...! ! ! !

So I turned f-f-f-f-f...f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f....f...the year after forty nine (!!??) a few weeks ago.  I'm SOOOOO not ready for this, and, application for the AARP be DAMNED, I don't feel it, either!!!!

I remember having a difficult time with 25 (a quarter of a century old!), and 30 (what happened to my 20's?!?!), but FIFTY...are you kidding me??!!  How did this happen???!!!!!

I guess it's better than the alternative, and, I think I DO pass for something...a little younger...


That being said, I have to say, this birthday was REALLY FABULOUSLY CELEBRATED!!!

From the SURPRISE office decorations covertly set up by my amazing friends and coworkers in Hopkins...















 
...to the cupcakes dropped off by a Xinxing Academy parent (and fellow 6th grade musical survivor/FABULOUS friend!)...






...to the card from mom and dad that made me "tear up" a little bit...


...to brunch with my sister and her family at First Course in South Minneapolis (try the steak and eggs...DIVINE!!!)...


...to the trip to London (see previous blog entry), during which Duane paid for EVERYTHING...


...to the 251 birthday messages from Friends on Facebook...


...to the pizza at Italian Pie Shoppe and cherry pie...


...it was a WONDERFUL "birthday week", and I feel very blessed to have so many AMAZING people in my life!

Thank you for making f-f-f-f-f-f...ifty FABULOUS, and here's to f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f...ifty MORE!!!!

No comments: