Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Nostalgia



Duane and I were FINALLY able to get to the toy exhibit at the Minnesota History Center a few days ago.  "Toys of the 50's, 60's and 70's" was a HOOT!  I had many of the toys featured, and, if I didn't have them, my sister, or one of the other kids in "the neighborhood" did!

Each decade featured a "classic look" living room, in which a television played commercials of the time...GROOVY and KITSCHY!!!

The Fifties









The Sixties











The Seventies

















I LOVED Wacky Packages.  Six stickers and a stick of (gross) bubble gum.  Randy Peck would sell individual cards/stickers to us in elementary school.  We never thought about actually going out and buying our own...especially when he had them right there...in his desk!!!  They reissued them a few years ago.  I bought TWENTY packs...!!!



OF COURSE, we had to do a little "mugging for the camera"...so many good photo ops...






There were several interactive stations, including a "Send the Slinky Down the Stairs" station, and the exhibit was very well done, and really fun!

Although I don't feel OLD ENOUGH to be nostalgic about things like Lincoln Logs and Mr. Potatohead, I guess it HAS been awhile since I played with any of them!  Now I want to dig through my parents basement, and find MY Johnny West...and that old mountain fortress with the plastic soldiers...and I'm SURE I have some Play-Doh around here somewhere...

Here's hoping you experienced a kitschy "blast from the past" recently too!!!

No comments: