Saturday, January 19, 2019

Monday, November 7th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Saturday I ran errands.  I bought Stephanie a hapi coat and Aunt Doris a friendship ball.  Not that Steph. and I may be together, by Christmas, but just in case, I bought her a present.  I'm tired of missing out on great presents by breaking up before Christmas instead of after- ha!

I guess I write the above because I got a letter from darling Steph. Saturday.  In only 8 words she informed me she wasn't going to Pennsylvania at New Years as we had planned to, since February.  No apology, nothing...just "I have to work, so I'm not going to Pennsylvania."  Grr..  I wrote back the standard "what are your feelings towards me?" etc. letter, so we'll see...

I had a lesson with Meg & Manna.  Meg thinks the Japanese conversation isn't working, and that we we need to work in a book...yuk!!

I jumped on a train after lessons, and went to a singles "going away/Trivial Pursuit" party at B's.  We had yakitori on the grill, and it was a great time!

Moira and Isaku

 Me and Nora!


Charles and Mary B.
 

I stayed overnight at I's.  Carol & I had a nice chat Sunday morning, then I left for Rokko to go to morning worship.

Lots of the singles were there, and after service they talked me into going to B's for a Southern U.S. lunch.  It was GREAT!  Peanut soup, turnip greens, cornbread and beans, key lime pie.  Chicken & dumplings, etc.

 Janet B. (the hostess)!



 Digging that 80's sweater!

After lunch Barry, Nora, and I went to the New Kobe Oriental Hotel, shopping.  What a place!

Everything was really expensive.  I managed to walk away with only 47 post cards (my this year's Christmas cards), and a vase (for 1,000 yen).

After shopping, and eating Belgian waffles, we went back to Rokko and to bible study (except that I went to the students center instead and practiced for our trio).

In service the trio (Nora, Erin, and I) sang "undivided".  It went well.  I went up and declared my desire to be a member through watchcare.  It was a great evening/day.

Today I went with Mike at 1:45 to meet the man running the school I start teaching at tomorrow night in Fukusaki (or Mizoguchi)(I forget which).

We went to look at the place, and Mike & I had a great chat about Genesis & the rapture.

I had a lesson with Kayo at 4.  I have the horrible feeling she's giving me a kimono for Christmas...but, maybe not.

I started writing out Christmas cards today, too!

No comments: