Sunday, March 29, 2020

"Shelter in Place" BOREDOM...

So...we got the order to "Shelter in Place" last Friday, which, unfortunately, coincides with the first day of my spring "break" from school.  Instead of traveling to Iowa to see my mom and be there with her on dad's birthday and the first anniversary of his death, and instead of seeing "Anastasia" at the Orpheum in Minneapolis, and instead of trying to fly somewhere to get away from this TEDIOUS early Minnesota spring, and instead of finding that we CAN'T get anywhere (since many others are on spring break as well, and we fly "standby") and touring sites closer to home (that we can drive to), I'm stuck at home...where I've been for the last week and a half...trying to be a school librarian...from my dining room table...while attempting to update/check links/check share settings/add additional resources for all of the distance learning teacher landing pages for my school on our website for the week AFTER spring break when we start distance learning until sometime in May...and responding to MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of e-mails asking questions about eBooks and online databases and how to Zoom in for meetings and Google Meet-ing until I can't even focus my eyeballs anymore.


This is only my SECOND blog post for 2020, so perhaps getting back into blogging will give me something to do.  If not, I guess there's always dusting...and organizing...and vacuuming...and other SUPER FUN SPRING BREAK ACTIVITIES!

Oh...and did I mention that it's been RAINING for the last few days??!!  Good times...

Here's hoping YOU are adjusting to seclusion and isolation better than I am!!!

No comments: