Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sick Day Entry #1

Home on a sick day today. Too bad you have to feel so CRAPPY when you're sick. I COULD be getting a lot done, but, so far, I've spent most of the day on the sofa, drinking hot tea and moaning. I'm in the beginning throes of a bad cold, I think. Right now I sound like a cross between Levi Stubbs from the Four Tops, and "Lurch" from the Addams Family.

Haven't been able to croak out more than a few incomprehensible syllables all morning (I've been practicing talking, because OF COURSE, as a teacher, I feel extremely guilty for taking a sick day, and, even though there's NO WAY I'll be able to go in tomorrow either, I'm still thinking I MIGHT be okay enough to try...!).

My colds ALWAYS start this way...by attacking my throat. Usually it's a bad sore throat (which I've also had in the last 24 hours). After a week, or so, I feel better, but then get CLOBBERED by round 2...earache. I'm REALLY, REALLY hoping to avoid that this time, but we'll see. Hadn't HAD an earache since I was 10, but, about six years ago, started getting them again...what's up with that??!!

Not much to report at this point...I'm groggy, and wheezy, and probably a few of the other 7 dwarves too (sleep and grumpy, for sure!). I'm also BORED, BORED, BORED. I don't "do" sick very well...sigh...

Hope YOU are well, and enjoying what looks like a LOVELY Thursday afternoon out there. I'm going to drink more tea, and snuggle under the blanket on the sofa for the rest of the day...sigh...

No comments: