Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sick Day Entry #3

Haven't had a chance to blog all week! Took another sick day on Tuesday. Just am NOT able to shake this thing. Robin & Dave and family came over for dinner Tuesday night (postponed from when I felt even worse on Sunday night!). I made my FAMOUS Chipotle Mac 'n Cheese (actually it's from Cooking Light). It was a LITTLE too spicy, but still good!

After they left, I was feeling a little out of touch with friends, so spent the next few hours on the phone. Tried to call Tena, but she wasn't home (and hasn't called me back yet...!), talked to Amy from Sheboygan for about an hour, then called Trish in Chicago (she wasn't home. I left a message, and she called back as soon as she got the message, but I was on the phone). After that, I called Jim in Kalona, and we FINALLY had a chance to catch up after a few months. It was REALLY good to reconnect with some AWESOME friends!

After taking Tuesday as a sick day, I had to work at the mall after the "real job" on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm SO not well enough for TWO twelve hour days in a row! (I'm old and sick...remember?!).

Friday was "just" a school work day, and afterwards, I went to Jerry's Greenhouse and FINALLY bought a few things for my deck garden. I bought a couple of pole bean plants to grow up the trellis on my deck (to curb the view that my "across the courtyard" neighbor has into my apartment, which he seems WAY too interested in...!). I also bought some alyssum and purple striped petunias. Still need LOTS of stuff, but, not until payday...oy!

Duane is sick (NOT with my cold, I'm sure...he must have picked something else up somewhere else!!!), so we're having another mellow weekend. I have to work at the mall tomorrow (rah...Mother's Day at the mall...have I mentioned how much I HATE that job right now??!!). I COULD have been at mom and dad's this weekend with Robin and Dave and family, helping drag stuff out of their basement, which was flooded with about 24 inches of water, due to excessive rains, this week...oh wait...I guess that's a GOOD thing that I couldn't go...never mind!

Have a GLORIOUS weekend, and take time to smell the roses (or whatever is blooming in YOUR yard this week!).

No comments: