Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bridge Tours, Bonfires, "Beergaritas", and Brunch- SECOND try...

Not sure WHAT happened to the blog entry and photos I was entering (and with "dial up" that process was clocking in at about AN HOUR AND A HALF, so far...!), but the following is all that's left after it IMPLODED...grrr...

You can piece it together yourself. Fill in the "blanks" with your own sordid details...grrrr again....

...and what an alliterative weekend it was...chock FULL of exhilarating "B's", including "baccuuming, "blaundry", and "bwinterizing the deck", but here are the highlights...

Duane and I went to see the historic Rock Island swing bridge over the Mississippi River Saturday afternoon. The county park association gave the tour as an "awareness" project to possibly help save part of the bridge from being destroyed.

BIG BLANK SECTION...

The beverage of choice was something called a "beergarita". It wasn't BAD, but not exactly what I would have chosen...beer, tequila, margarita mix, and a couple of other things that I've forgotten...

BIG BLANK SECTION...

It was a GREAT time, and really fun to spend time OUTSIDE of work with everyone (well...not EVERYONE...but the "everyone" who bothered to show up!). I've decided, though, that I'm TOO OLD to party until the wee hours of the morning...I'm PAYING FOR IT today!!!!

BIG BLANK SECTION...

This morning, I met my friend Pat, her "BFF" from Willmar- Sarah, and Kate and Josh W. at Jake's for brunch. It was nice to FINALLY meet Sarah...very fun. Brunch was a hoot, and it was a GREAT chance to eat WAY too much food, and spend MORE time "catching up" with work people (since we DON'T, apparently, do that enough at school...which actually IS a cool thing...to enjoy hanging out with people that you see every day even when you don't HAVE to!).

Now, however, I'm paying for staying up too late, and drinking a "beergarita" (ick now!), and eating too much breakfasty stuff...I'm thinking I'll be spending the afternoon lying on the sofa...there might even be some moaning involved...ugh!

Hope YOUR weekend had some adventure in it, but that YOU are not paying for it now!!

Grrr again!!!

No comments: