Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Boy Who Cried HERNIA!!!

So...I went to the doctor this evening, because, yet again, I thought I had a hernia. I've had this EXTREME discomfort in my left abdomen for the last couple of weeks, and, with rehearsals for "Seussical" beginning on Monday, thought it would be a good idea to have it checked out (plus, I had a few other "growing older SUCKS because THIS happened" issues that needed to be addressed, so thought I'd kill FOUR birds with one stone).

I'm sure that, at this point, my doctor has his "yes Jeff...I'm sure Jeff...You'll be FINE Jeff..." routine down, but, to his credit (he really IS a great guy), he listened to my complaints, inserted a few needed stories about what hernias REALLY look and feel like, did the customary "turn and cough" routine, and sent me on my way...

So...to rule EVERYTHING out...we're going to do a urine sample (oh joy!) to see if there's any sort of kidney stone action going on, but, at this point, I guess all that's left is having a slimy, toothy alien pop out of my stomach...


Hope YOUR day was full of health and wellness...!!!

No comments: