Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Travel Tree

I've been working for the last couple of months on ornaments for a tree that I'm putting together to go on the table on the landing outside Duane's and my doors.  I put up the silver tree with multi-colored glass balls last year, and it was nice, but I've wanted to find a way to remember all of our AMAZING trips, without having to drag out the albums.

So...being the DECOUPAGE KING that I am, decided that I'd ModPodge an ornament for each of the trips we've been on in the last 10 years.  Turns out we've been A LOT of places!  I'm FINALLY finished, and I have 46 ornaments!

I decided to limit it to ONLY trips that we've taken by airplane.  As luck would have it (for me!), I was able to keep the Northwest airplane model that I dropped a few months back (while trying to find something in Duane's kitchen).  The plane part snapped off the base, and is now going to be the "star" on the top of the tree!

I also found some tiny glittery stars to "sparkle up" the tree, and will string white lights as well.  I think it's going to be cool!

Here are a couple of shots of the ornaments...













I'll post a picture of the finished tree as the holidays get closer!

Here's hoping YOU have found a way to cherish all of YOUR favorite photos too!

1 comment:

T. Edlin said...

Oh, you are just TOO MUCH! Love ya! :)