Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Woodbury Christmas Show!!

This past weekend was the Christmas show that I did with the Woodbury Community Theater in...(where else??!!)...Woodbury!!

It was a fun little show, in conjunction with the East Metro Symphony Orchestra, and one of the dance companies in Woodbury, and was held at the GORGEOUS East Metro High School Loft Stage.

Our group was small...6 men and 8 women, but we had a GREAT time, and, I think, sounded GREAT as well.

I was in a cool trio version of "Do You Hear What I Hear?", and had the solo "poem" part on "'Twas the Night Before Christmas".  I WISH I could say my stuff went off without a hitch, but, that would not be true.  Even though I went OVER AND OVER AND OVER the poem before the show each day, I STILL managed to "go up" in the middle of it TWICE during the second performance.

I learned that you really can't FAKE it through "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"...because
1.  everyone knows it, and
 2. you have to rhyme...

and it's VERY difficult to rhyme off the top of your head...even with an end phrase as easy as "and giving a nod up the chimney he rose" (nose...toes...joes...suppose...).  I think, in my brilliance, I said something PROFOUND like..."uh...he sighed, and nodded his head, and then rose up the chimney"...STELLAR...

Anyhoo...great group of people to do a show with!  I had worked with the director and a couple of the actors on "The Best of Gilbert & Sullivan" this fall, and met a bunch of new, fun people as well.

Now I think I'm taking a break for a few months...this was my FOURTH show since LAST Christmas, and I'm ready to "just" come home each night, instead of coming home for an hour or two, then heading out into the night to rehearse until WAY past my bedtime!

Here are a couple of photos from the show...


























Happy holidays!!!

No comments: