Monday, March 22, 2010

Computer Viruses SUCK!

So...I spent the ENTIRE weekend running virus scans, diagnostics, and internet patches because STUPIDLY, I clicked on a Facebook link from a "friend", which turned out to be the koobface virus.  When a computer is infected, it sends out messages to everyone on the "friend list", and whoever clicks on the link, gets the virus.

I've never had a computer virus before, because I, SMUGLY, thought "I'm too smart to get a virus".  Lesson learned.  New CRAP is being added DAILY, and, unless you keep up with the current threats, it's a never ending battle to stay safe.

I'm annoyed, because SERIOUSLY it took Duane and me the ENTIRE weekend to purge the damn thing.  I'm STILL not completely sure it's gone, but, things are running quicker, and no one has reported any Youtube e-mails from me (the virus is embedded in a youtube link), so I'm HOPING it's gone.

SERIOUSLY...if these MORONS who create computer viruses just "for the heck of it" would exert their energy for GOOD rather than EVIL, the world would be a MUCH better place in which to live!!!!

Here's hoping YOU haven't had to deal with the "SCUM OF THE EARTH", and that your computer remains virus free. 

In case you might have a hidden virus, I highly recommend the free virus scanner at http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm.  I think it's the one (out of the TWELVE that I tried) that finally caught it...

No comments: