Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Band Boosters' Best Recipes- Spiralbound Cookbook #6

I'm fairly certain I found this cookbook at Goodwill.  Goodwill is one of my FAVORITE places to find cookbooks (spiralbound or otherwise...).  I LOVE this cookbook...mostly because I was a band geek in high school...as evidenced by this photo:

That's me!  3rd row (of band members).  3rd from left.  Alto saxophone.

This particular cookbook was compiled by the Band Boosters Club of Clearfield Community School, in Clearfield, Iowa.  There's no publish date, but the picture in the front of the book, is from the 1962-63 Concert Band (directed by Mr. Ed Sullivan!!!).

The name written inside the cover is "Dorothy Rauth".  Here's the cookbook:

The recipe I've chosen from this cookbook is for HAM MEAT LOAF (I love ham AND I love meatloaf, so this seems like the LOGICAL choice!), and is attributed to Mildred Matthews:

Ham Meat Loaf
Serves 30.

3 lbs. ground chuck roast
3 lbs. ground pre-cooked cured ham
1 doz. eggs
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion slat
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 large box rolled cornflakes
1 tall can tomato juice

Make into 3 rolls making servings for 10 each.  Cover with brown sugar, sliced pineapple.  Bake 2 hours at 250 degrees, cool slightly before serving.

As an ADDED bonus, there is a "cookbook-let" in the back, featuring PORK recipes...it IS Iowa, after all:

Enjoy!

No comments: