Monday, April 2, 2007

Money Woes

So it appears that things aren't as BLEAK as I previously thought (see March 30th blog). APPARENTLY, the car loan was ALWAYS a 66 month deal, and the payment book only goes up to 60 payments (???). When I talked to the rep at U.S. Bank, she said that when I would have called for that "remaining payment amount" on the final payment stub, I would have been told that there were still 6 payments left. Because of the two "skip payments", it would be 8 payments, and that would take me into December. BOY AM I TIRED OF MAKING CAR PAYMENTS! At least it's not six additional payments because of the skipped payments...the thought of that almost caused me to stroke out! (How many times CAN I write the word "payments" in one paragraph??!!)

Stressed about A LOT of things right now...money, work, money, and I just realized that it's APRIL, and I haven't put the new tabs on my license plates, which expired in MARCH. I've heard that there's a one month grace period, and I hope that's true, because I can't get a traffic ticket for ANYTHING until August 1st, or the ticket that I got for making an illegal left turn last July goes on my record and my auto insurance rates go WAY, WAY up (which was a TOTAL "trap"...since they'd JUST put up the "no left turn" signs (which were SO not obvious) a few weeks before, and I'd been making left turns there for SEVEN YEARS, and I hadn't been through that intersection since they put up the signs, and they didn't let me off with a warning, and I had to pay $145.00 because of it)!

Trying to relax on spring break in Iowa, but, as you can see, am not having much luck. Duane and I are staying with my parents in "Hooterville". It's actually a LOVELY little town in Southwest Iowa, and there's not much to do, so relaxing is a lot easier...well for OTHER people, apparently, not me...too high strung, I guess!

Headed back to Minnesota tomorrow, after stopping at the new gourmet grocery store that we read about in the Des Moines Register yesterday. It's supposed to be near Jordan Creek Mall, so we may have to stop there as well. We're then going to stop at "The Brass Armadillo" to do some antiquiqing, and then work our way up the interstate. HOPEFULLY no one will notice the expired tabs on my license plate!!!

No comments: