Thursday, August 7, 2008

All Moved In!

It's "official"...I unpacked the last box LAST Friday, and have spent the last week "refining" where I put stuff (and STASHING stuff that I couldn't find a place for WHEREVER I could find a spot). I, HONESTLY, would be happy if I NEVER moved again...NINE carloads of CRAP before the move, a U-Haul truck during the move, and THREE loads of kitchen and bathroom stuff (which I couldn't pack because I needed them, or ran out of boxes...!)...TEN boxes of "junk" to Goodwill, a garage FULL of stuff I don't have room to put in the apartment...ACK!

Anyhoo...I'm QUITE happy with how it all turned out. Here are some pictures of the "new digs".

As I look at how it's all turned out, here are my first "impressions":

THINGS I REALLY (REALLY) LIKE ABOUT THE NEW PLACE:
  • I live across the hall from my "honey"!!!
  • I can see TREES off the deck (instead of the guy at Ballantrae who always seemed to be staring at me).
  • I don't have curtains in the bedroom yet, and, at night, through the window, I can see Venus travel across the sky (depending on how long it takes to get to sleep!).
  • I see deer, rabbits, ducks, and squirrels eating corn that the neighbor puts out behind our townhouses each morning.
  • I have my OWN washer and dryer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Each morning I wake up to squirrels jumping through the oak tree out front (because of that whole "not having curtains" thing...!)
  • I have central air...not a CRAPPY wall unit (which never got the air to the bedroom!).
  • I have my OWN washer and dryer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I have a bigger bedroom.
  • I have a SINGLE STALL garage with a GARAGE DOOR OPENER!!!
  • Everything in my apartment is currently DUSTED (if you know me AT ALL, you know that I DON'T dust!), and clean (we'll see how long THAT lasts!)!!!

Oh yeah...the pictures...

the living room

the living room...another view




the kitchen


the dining room (and library!)


the bedroom


the bedroom...another view


the deck!


the deck...another view!


I LOVE to have visitors, so plan your trip to "Jeff's B&B"...we can "catch up" over a glass of wine on the deck!


No comments: