Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A New Drug!

Tena's done it again...FIRST she got into blogging, and I followed her there (and got HOOKED on it!), then she moved to another blog site (this one!) because the other one was rumored to be "going down" soon (which it never did)(and I got HOOKED on it). NOW she's gone and started a Facebook page. OF COURSE I had to follow her there TOO (and I'm HOOKED on it)!

When I first created my page, and started looking around for people, SEVERAL friends warned me that it was addictive, and that I should WATCH OUT. Now I understand WHY!!! It's the first thing I do every morning, the first thing I check when I get home from work, and the last thing I do before going to bed. I'm SURE the "newness" will wear off soon, and I can get back to my "regular" life, but, right now, it's FUN, FUN, FUN!

Plus...I think I've EXHAUSTED my list of "old friends to look for"...SADLY not many people in my "age bracket" have pages on Facebook (should this CONCERN ME??!! Am I TOO OLD to be using this tool "that's popular with high schoolers", as a friend put it, when responding (in shock) to my declaration of "Facebook-ing"??!!)!

I HAVE been able to reconnect with some old friends that I'd lost track of, but HONESTLY, it's like being in high school again (the one I WISH I'd been a part of...not the one where I was bullied and miserable all the time)...WHO has the most friends, WHO'S getting the most notes posted on their "wall", WHO is getting e-mail, who's getting FLAIR...crazy!

So...I need to go now so that I can check my Facebook page to see if I have any more friends. If YOU have a Facebook page, look me up, and LET'S BE FRIENDS...like TOTALLY!!!

1 comment:

T. Edlin said...

Not long ago, Suzanne asked me if you had Facebook. I said "No. If he did, he'd be totally addicted." She reminded me of this today when I told her about your blog entry. Ha! I'm a BAD influence! :)