Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer Goal Number THREE

Since this is my OFFICIAL last "week day" of summer before it all starts again on Monday, I guess I should accomplish ONE more of my goals (by NO MEANS is this ALL of the goals that I wanted to accomplish...no worries...they're now my AUTUMN GOALS!!).

So...goal number THREE (which was OFFICIALLY met this morning) is that I was FINALLY able to shed TEN POUNDS of blubber (and no...I didn't get a REALLY short haircut, or have any limbs amputated...!). Yay me!

What a CHORE! I used to just be able to skip a meal every few days and drop five pounds...easily. Now (after hitting the dreaded 40's, I suppose), it's a CONSTANT battle. If my scale could talk, and had to pick an "average" weight for me, it wouldn't be able to! I've lost (and gained back) about 100 pounds (two or three at a time, in both directions, daily, weekly, back and forth...).

I've decided that I have absolutely NO will power when it comes to food...ESPECIALLY right before bed, so KEEPING IT OFF it going to be a challenge, as is my AUTUMN GOAL of losing another five pounds.

Motivation to FINALLY shed the "ton-age": I had a bunch of photos printed off for mom this week (from family events going clear back to spring), and kept seeing this pasty, blubbery guy in a lot of them. IMAGINE MY HORROR to discover that it WASN'T an albino whale, but..."little" old me!!!

So...with (almost) daily hour-long walks, (almost) daily ab crunches, and a SLIGHT reduction in the amounts and types of food I consumed (and adopting the philosophy that the big meal of the day is lunch, and NOT dinner), I'm continuing to be "less" of a person...and that's a GOOD thing!


Before (June, 2008)


After (August, 2008)

Hope YOUR summer/autumn goals are being met as well! Happy Friday!

2 comments:

T. Edlin said...

You are so cracking me up! :)

Jeff S. said...

:-) As GOD is my witness, I shall NOT be jiggly again!!!