Friday, November 14, 2008

Ack! I'm in a Show!!!

I don't know how it happened...one minute I was QUIETLY sitting in my office at school, anticipating a LOVELY, quiet holiday season (now that I'm NOT suffering the injustice of retail at the holidays), and the next thing I know, I'm doing a show with Ashland Productions...HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???

I VOWED that I would NEVER again "bog down" my holidays with ANYTHING, after suffering through THREE YEARS of retail HELL...and the first "please do our show...we need PEOPLE" that I get...I FORSAKE my vow, and run off to perform.

I thought I was OVER the "theater thing"...but I don't think you can EVER truly "disengage"...the THRILL of the adulation (why pussy-foot around the issue...we do it for the adoration...plain and simple) is just TOO strong.

Anyway...the show is called "Once Upon a Christmas", and BASICALLY revolves around some kid finding the ture meaning of Christmas...blah, blah, blah.... There are FIVE men, and FIVE women rounding out the "adult cast", and it could be fun...(OF COURSE I asked if it was all "chorus"...or if there were still "solo parts" left...in TRUE diva fashion...!).

The show goes up on December 19th, 20th, and 21st, and I've been ASSURED that it's a light rehearsal schedule...we'll see how THAT goes. It's a good move...theatrically...as this will set me up (hopefully!) to be a contender when they audition for "Seussical: The Musical" this spring (although I don't really know the show, and THIS show might KILL ME OFF anyway, so I won't even be available this spring!).

Laura Osnes (recent winner of the reality show "You're the One That I Want", and SANDY in "Grease" on Broadway) has done some stuff with Ashland Productions, so...WHO KNOWS what connections I might make through the...ordeal...!!!

Check out their site at www.ashlandproductions.com. They are also doing a show with our students called "Pirates"...which sounds like it's going to be a hoot!!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE??!! Wish me luck...I'm going to NEED IT!!!!

No comments: