Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Give Up!


Last year, on the way home from school, I saw a yard in which 50 or 60 "light up" snowmen were displayed. At first I thought they were INCREDIBLY tacky, but, as I drove by, day after day, and saw them all lit up, smiling happily at the people who passed by, I started REALLY liking them.

So...this year, I decided that I wanted to find one or two for my deck (now that I'm in the new place, and have outdoor electricity, and don't have to try to figure out how to run a cord through my sliding glass door).

Do you think I can FIND a plastic, "light up" snowman ANYWHERE in the cities, though??!! I've been to Menard's, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and even Mills Fleet Farm. They have TONS of tacky "blow up" snowmen, santas, nativities, and even moose on merry-go-rounds. They have LED light up mesh snowmen, santas, candy canes, and animals. They have wreaths, and ornaments, and bows, and trees, and stockings, and sleds, and holiday turkey deep fat fryers, but NO PLASTIC "LIGHT UP" SNOWMEN!!!!

To be honest, I DID find a scary looking one at Menards (I would have nightmares if I had THIS one looking in at me from my deck!), and K-Mart had a "smaller than normal" snowman that didn't look too scary, but the "paint job" was COMPLETELY substandard...whoever they have supplying them with plastic "light up" snowmen needs to learn how to use a spray gun!

So...unless E-Bay or Goodwill has anything, or my dad runs across one at an auction, I'm just going to have to settle for a string of lights and some pine boughs...WHERE'S THE TACKY WHEN YOU WANT IT??!!!

Hope YOU are able to find all that YOU want to use to make YOUR place more festive this holiday season!

No comments: