Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Am a BAD Environmentalist!

...or maybe just a CHEAP one...

So...I have this old 19 (or 21!) inch television set that I've had for about TWENTY years, and it's finally "unwatchable" (I'm SO tired of trying to figure out what's going on BETWEEN the wiggly lines and waves that are a regular part of the picture now)...SO, I need to get rid of it...

I'm all for recycling, and saving the environment, but, REALLY...$25.00 to recycle it? Isn't it easier to just toss it in a ditch somewhere, or throw it in a ravine near my townhouse??!! $25.00 will buy...well...a couple of things at the grocery store...or a really nice bottle of wine...or will pay my internet bill for a month...or...

I really DO care about the environment...so maybe I'm a CHEAP environmentalist...or an "only if it's convenient" environmentalist...(the truth is an UGLY thing!)...

Maybe it could be "repurposed", or I could use it as "art"?

Aquarium??!!

Art??!!

I wonder...can you DECOUPAGE a television set???

No comments: