Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Saturday, July 9th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Well, I'm going to try and "get back on the stick" as we say in America.  Kim called at 9:30, and said she and Sachiko were at Kyoguchi Station.  I gave them directions, and woke David up to get ready.  While he ran to the shower, I threw stuff in various closets, and we were actually ready when they got here.  I fixed tacos for lunch, and we had a nice time talking.

We left at 12 & went shopping for a little while, then met a rather large group of 14 (it started out to be 5) at the castle gate.  It was fun, though.  We walked all over the castle and grounds, saw many gaijin and had a great time. 




 


After the castle we went to the historical museum, which was really interesting.  I must go back!




After the history museum, we went back to Miyuki Dori, in a somewhat smaller group of 8, and shopped some more.

David & I got home around 7, and I fixed pizza for dinner.  I gave him the bean bags I bought at the tourist shop, and my Himeji Castle door hanging as gifts. (I felt bad because other hosts were giving yukatas, Japanese dolls, etc.).

I did his laundry, taped his Bill Cosby tape and his Billy Joel tape, and we talked for a little while.

No comments: