Sunday, September 30, 2018

Thursday, July 14th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

I'm going to write this entry looking over my shoulder, because I swear to God there's a cobra outside my window...okay maybe it's not a cobra, but its at least 25 ft. long...okay, maybe 2 feet, but I just know it's poisonous.  I called Karl, and he said it's poisonous if it's head is triangular.  I'm not getting close enough to find out!  From a distance it certainly looks triangular.


Today has basically been uneventful (till now).  I cleaned, read, did laundry, dishes, etc.  I also played social director for caravan in regards to the day at Central Park on Saturday, and the party after.  I was also Mr. Phone Call today.  The phone has run a lot today.  I got 2 prank calls that I think are from the Kazuko I./Mari K. crowd.

I ran downtown after wrestling with myself whether to go or not, at about 6, to take in some negatives of Brenda's for reprints.

I wrote a couple of letters.  Otherwise it's been a nice, slow, uneventful day.  It poured this afternoon, so I stood on my back patio and held all of my plants over the rail for a nice misting.  Pretty stupid look if anyone saw me!

No comments: